Thursday, November 10, 2016

Fed Ex Delivery

My first thought.
Holy Drugs
I received the medication for the Surrogacy this week. I saw the box and figured that due to the size it probably was full of bubble wrap to protect the vials.
Nope
That box was full of everything that I will need medication wise in addition to syringes, needles, alcohol pads and even a cute little bio-hazard box. Makes it pretty intimidating but I can do anything. I even have a fun little calendar that says what injection and/or pill is given or taken at what time and what day in addition to imaging and blood collection orders.
Wow
The most amazing part of this is that we have come to the point in the journey that we tell my children what is going on. We had not told them yet because there is nothing more fun than the repetitive questions of "whats going on" that come from adorable children. Now I know, now I can tell them. Anyway, we told the two oldest girls (cause the 2 year old doesn't care) and they both had amazing answers. My 9 year old said that was so nice of me to do and wants to get something for the parents when their baby is born. My 6 year old said "OK, can I have some of my Halloween candy." So funny!
Now comes the time for bravery!! Uh oh. 
I am not a fan of needles so on the first day of injections I needed to call my 6 year old into the room so that I could be brave in front of her, and she thinks this medical stuff is so cool. It is easy to be brave in front of my children. That also made it easier to do it today, day 2, because now I know that it does not hurt.
This is an amazing journey and it makes my days so bright.
Until next time  remember I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment