Sunday, December 25, 2016

Traveling for a Transfer

It has taken me awhile to get to this post because of the getting there and the resting and then the getting home and the getting ready for Christmas. I think that right now I have found a couple of minutes.
I am very grateful that I was able to travel with my friend and surrogacy alumna, Berry. It was so nice to have someone to drive me around and get me food and water and to share a king side bed with me. She was a pleasure to have with me!!!!
On Tuesday we slept in and after slowly getting ready we went to have lunch with anothe surrogate alumna who was so sweet and offered so many words of advise and memories that she has with her amazing past Intended parents. From there we were able to head to the doctors office for the big event. My amazing coordinator came out and chatted with me and brought me a goodie bag that was left there for me from my amazing Tess from Rocky Mountain Surrogacy. I love goody bags!!!!!
On with the procedure, we discussed the embryos and decide with the parents to do 2 embryos. Hopefully at least one will stick. Then I got the happy Valium, never good for me because I become so "happy", which proved true when I called my coworker to tell her all about it. Berry took my phone away and took pictures and recorded the procedure on ultrasound with all seriousness for the Intended parents. That's a good thing!!! Ashley and Valium, for all who want to know, is never good. It is so amazing the was the Dr retrieves the eggs and fertilizes them and watches daily as the grow and the cells divide over and over again to make this adorable little blastocyst. Once the procedure was done it was back to the hotel we went and straight into bed I laid. While Berry headed out for food and drink and to complete some errands, I watched Christmas movies and colored and read books.
At this point I would like to stop and let everyone know about the religious experience that Berry gave to me. FIREHOUSE SUBS! We had one in Pocatello on the way to Boise, in Boise and in Pocatello on the way home from Boise. In all the sub joints I have been to, I have never had one as delicious as the sandwiches I experienced there. Yummo!
Back on track now......I returned home to my beautiful children and my couch were we ordered take out because I was still on bed rest for another 24 hours, we watched movies and took it easy. I am still enjoying my daily aspirin and prenatal vitamin and progesterone shots, and other progesterone and estradiol twice weekly. The top of my dresser could be a pharmacy.
Now is the waiting part. On December 30 I get to do the blood tests that says if the Intended parents are pregnant.
So until December 30th
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment