Friday, March 10, 2017

14 Weeks (Some things normal, some things bizarre)

Five weeks ago we had an amazing Ultrasound. I say that it was amazing because I got to be in the same room as my Intended Parents for the first time. I just need to say that I thought they were amazing people via skype and text message but they are even more amazing people in person, so happy and so excited, it is like my soul has known them forever. It was fun to have the ultrasound done with them watching in aww at their little babies on the monitor. I am so excited for them!! 
Since then it has been day in and day out experiences of the average pregnancy. Mostly tired and going to bed by 8:30-9:00pm every night, nausea and the occasional vomiting, food aversions, breast tenderness, round ligament pain, and making sure that Mom and Dad know whats going on. So nothing exciting or monumental. I do, however get super excited when I have a good day and have energy and an appetite, I take advantage of it. Also, I am that stage in the pregnancy where I do not look pregnant, I just look like I am gaining weight. Even though the people around me cannot see it, I can feel the uterus growing, feels like it is a couple finger widths below my belly button, definitely bigger than a single pregnancy.
At 12 weeks I had my routine doctor appointment, now if you have had a pregnancy you know that there are more uneventful visits than there are eventful visits. At 12 weeks the Doctor listened to the heart beats and even tried to get them on the doppler at the same time, I appreciate the effort!! It was nice to be able to inform the parents that their little angels are doing good. The next visit will be at 16 weeks, which is at 2 weeks and that will again be uneventful. It is the 20 week visit in April that should be fun, and hopefully Mom and Dad can either come to or skype into.
Oh, but there are the super crazy fun part about being pregnant and that is the cracked out dreams. The last one that just threw me for a loop was a dream I had about having the babies. I took myself into the side door of a hospital and found an empty room, did my own c-section and had two little girls. Then afterwards I couldn't get anyone who works at the hospital to come close me up because on their records there was no one admitted to that room. Well duh, I let myself in a side door and the room was empty so I took it. The Intended Mom came a short while later and I helped her bundle the little girls up to go home with her and I waved goodbye to them. Then my Doctor came cruising around the corner (obviously late) and wrecked her car in the ditch. It was super weird. Almost as weird as with my last baby that I would take out and cuddle with when I wanted and then would put back when I was done. Ya, pregnancy dreams are bizarre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment