Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy Mothers Day

This is a very special Mothers Day for me. Not only am I a Mother to three absolutely amazing little girls who I love more than words can say but I am also a Surrogate for an amazing Mom who is  so excited to take home two amazing little girls of her own.
I know that there are a lot of people out there who think and tell me, "how can you do this, it must be so hard" or, "I would never be able to do what you are doing." Let me tell you, this has been such a blessing in my life. Nothing in my life has been as easy as this. My own pregnancies were even more uncomfortable than this. The Intended Parents are so kind, happy, excited, nervous and full of love. My husband and children are so happy and understanding and excited.
I also know God is on my side, from the beginning I always prayed that I needed him to tell me if I would not be able to do this and to stop; and if I am meant to do this then I will need his help getting through it. As a result, every step has been so easy and happy and exciting. My midwife even told me she is shocked at how much of a breeze this has been and she was expecting so much more discomfort or problems. I don't know! I would never trade this life decision for another in the entire world.
I always remember through all of my pregnancies and I remember even now an event that occurred when I was 18 years old. While I was taking a preparing for eternal marriage class at the Institute when I was going to WSU. The teacher asked the class why they wanted to have children. There were  numerous answers like; they are so cute, it will be a part of me, I want one, etc. I said, "it is what I am created for, I am a woman and my body was made to create life." Men can't have children, I can have children. That moment has always stuck with me.
I am a Mother to Sera, Leah, and Rebekah. They make me so happy with all of their accomplishments. They also make me crazy, angry, sad, tired and excited and I would not trade a single moment of it for the entire world. I am a Surro Mom to Twin Girls who will bless their Mommy (and dad) in the same way.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
TO ALL THE MOTHERS OUT THERE

No comments:

Post a Comment